Is cannabis a new trend?
Cannabis has been utilized extensively throughout history for over 5000 years in the Middle East, Greece, Roman Empire, and India. In Ancient China, cannabis was used as medicine, food, oil, livestock feed, even currency. Back in the 1850s, pharmacies in the US offered cannabis for medicinal use for symptoms such as tetanus (lockjaw), seizures, as well as pain-relief. Now, cannabis is making its way back into mainstream healthcare. And while there is still a while to go, it is growing rapidly as one of the most natural forms of pain relief.
What is in CBD?
- Cannabinoids: general category of active chemical compounds found in cannabis
- Terpenes: fragrant oils that give cannabis its aromatic diversity
- Flavonoids: compounds that give cannabis plants their pigmentation (color)
Do I have to smoke weed to benefit from CBD?
No! CBD is derived from hemp leaves, but is different from typical weed or marijuana because it does not contain any THC, which is the part of weed which makes you feel high. CBD is totally non psychoactive, meaning you won’t feel anything other than relief from pain and/or anxiety.
CBD comes in many forms, none of which you have to smoke! Tincture oils that can be dropped under your tongue, gel capsules, and gummies are a few ingestible forms of CBD. Topical forms include skin oils, salves, and even bath bombs!
Roma Leaf offers tinctures, bath bombs, and face oil all made from 100% plant derived product. While other CBD companies place their active ingredients in olive oil or coconut oil, Roma Leaf uses hemp seed oil to amplify the effects of the cannabinoid!
What are Cannabinoids?
- 90+ types of cannabinoids discovered thus far, many with documented medicinal properties
- THC: psychoactive
- CBD: non-psychoactive
What are the benefits of CBD?
Some of the many scientifically proven benefits of CBD include:
- Pain relief: Cannabis has been used to treat pain for decades, and recently it has been discovered that CBD is able to effectively relieve pain by interacting with the human endocannabinoid system which is responsible for regulating functions including pain and immune system response
- Reduce anxiety and depression: Common pharmaceutical drugs can cause a wide range of side effects like drowsiness, agitation and sexual dysfunction. On the other hand, CBD is able to treat both anxiety and depression naturally without side effects.
- Treat insomnia: One in four Americans develop insomnia each year, and 25% of these people fail to recover. CBD has been proven to improve both the quality and quantity of sleep.
- Treat acne: Acne is caused by a number of factors, mainly the underlying inflammation and overproduction of sebum. CBD is able to treat acne due to its anti-inflammatory properties and ability to reduce sebum production.
- Improve heart health: Research has shown benefits of CBD for the heart, including the ability to lower high blood pressure. This can in turn lower risks of stroke, and heart attack.